Miami Beach is a place where you can rent a boat and buy happiness. The end of a stressful work week leaves us all wanting to have a little fun. It can be beneficial to get a little physical to relieve the stress associated with your 9 to 5 job. Fishermen, skiers, and divers always have a lot of fun when they’re on the water, and it’s a great way to exercise. It’s just a matter of getting on the water using the proper machine-namely, a nice shiny boat. So here are a few tips on how to rent a boat in Miami, Florida.
As a first step, consider boat rentals to maximize your time and save money. It is a good idea to start with Miami Beach; the location has a great selection of vendors, beautiful islands, an array of boating services, and restaurants.
Prepare yourself, however, before you rent. You can start off on the right foot-or wave-if you have a little knowledge. Here is a quick guide to help you get started. Follow these tips to ensure a fun and safe trip.
Check out Miami boat rental options
It is easy to feel overwhelmed when there are so many options available. Deciding what to do can be challenging. For this reason, before you start researching Miami boats for rent, narrow your search and make a list of two or three rental boat companies (at most). By taking this approach, you will be able to pinpoint the pros and cons of each company. It will also help you determine which one offers the features that best suit your adventure needs.
Are you still undecided? Here are some factors to consider when choosing a Miami boat rental.
- Determine the number of people. This might seem obvious, but it’s an important first step. You and your spouse are going on this trip, or are you attending an office party? Renting a boat that accommodates five people is cheaper (and has more features) than renting a boat that accommodates 12 to 15 people. Before embarking on a trip, be sure you know how many people will be traveling.
- See what’s on offer right now. Coupons and discounts are available from a number of boat rental companies that are updated regularly. It’s best to watch for them. You can also look to see if renting by the day or by the hour will be more cost-effective for you – tailoring your schedule will save you money!
- Everything starts with your budget. You should always request a quote from the boat rental companies while you are researching. By doing so, you’ll be able to tailor your search to fit within your budget and avoid unnecessary costs. It is important to calculate all the major costs, such as: rental fees, food, lodging, and transportation. Renting a boat also depends on the size of the vessel, how many people will be on board, the length of time you spend on the water, and the yacht’s amenities. Make sure you ask rental companies about any extra charges while onboard. When in doubt, choose a company that is transparent and upfront about all charges.
- Review the reviews before making a purchase. This will help you choose a reputable rental company. Make sure to read customer reviews on the rental boat apps. You can usually trust companies with a 4-star rating or higher. Another advantage of reading reviews is you will learn what you need to bring along on your trip. The participants discussed what they missed or what they could have done to have a better experience.
- Salutations, Captain! Driving the rental boat is determined by the boat owner or company. If you’re thinking about going on a boat, getting a boating license is best. A larger boat, however, requires a licensed captain and crew. Regardless of their size, hire a captain if you have no experience operating a boat. If you want to make a safe trip, then you are going to have to pay approximately $50 to $200 per hour.
We certainly do live in a crazy stressful world these days. The amount of distractions from the fast pace of work life and the family, or just the environment that surrounds some of us can take a toll. Sometimes you gotta say to yourself, “It’s my time now!” The time is now to treat yourself and experience the real feel of freedom! Consider renting a boat vessel and set yourself free!
Article provided by Sailo.com. Sailo is my FitLife Feature company this month. Enjoy the benefits and the experience of enjoying the water by boat and the freedom that goes along with it!