The most wonderful time of the year! The holidays are here in full swing now, and I couldn’t be more excited! It has been another year of uncertainty and unknowns for many people. Travel, however, has finally opened up again in many parts of the world. This time of year can also be very hectic and stressful for some folks out there. Whether you plan to travel either close by or across the globe, I put together a list of my top 26 bloggers for travel and adventure for 2022. Take a look.
Adventure writers and explorers:
- Lost Angel Adventures is the ultimate destination for some of the most epic outdoor experiences. Linda Ballou has you sitting on the edge of your seat with every kayak ride, hiking trip, and river rafting excursion as she describes in her stories! She has written numerous books on her amazing journey into the wild. And recently Equus Film & Art awarded “Embrace the Wild;” a Historical Fiction winner. Gift Guide Idea: Give the gift of adventure to the outdoor lover in your life with one of Linda’s books!
- Becky Lomax hiking expeditions will most definitely have you yearning for more and more mountains and hiking! If you love exploring national parks, then Becky has authored some of the most detailed informative guide books to help you journey through them. Becky has won gold for guidebooks in the Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Awards for her book titled “Moon USA National Parks.”
- Wanders Miles brings a unique and different perspective to worldly adventure travel. Vanessa is a travel junkie who has a passion to take the road less traveled, literally. From searching for Gentoo penguins in Antarctica to sharing how to photograph wild gorillas in the Congo; Vanessa takes you on journey full of culture, heritage, and responsible travel!
- Roarloud Travel adventuring takes you hiking up the impressive Kilimanjaro, trekking through Peru, and camping in Finland igloos! Named as one of the top 1000 travel blogs in 2015, Roarloud’s Cathy and Frank share their epic and unique expedition experiences from Windjammer sailing to interesting street art as well as the inside life of their precious bunny, Bento.
- Becky Exploring is a wonderful blog that entails a range of written topics including details of what various destinations are all about as well as outdoor adventures such as hiking and exploring. Becky is an expat living in Hong Kong and she displays the beauty and adventure that this amazing place has to offer!
- Winds of Jane makes a winter wonderland come alive full of sparkling snow and oddly shaped glaciers! Jane explores some of the unique hidden gems of the Canadian Rockies and brings them to you! Her Instagram account images jump off the screen with every capture of ice caves and snow cabins that will most certainly captivate you!
Food and travel bloggers:
- Lannie’s Food & Travel is loaded with a wealth of insightful tips and more! From delectable food tours and hotel reviews, Lannie shares all of the secrets of where to find some of the most historical art and artist locations and much more.
- I’ve Bean Traveling. Enjoy unique perspectives on food, photography and travel. Jess brings her good food roundup recipes along with blueberry pancakes and carrot cake, as well as an interesting take on what colors are all about in her photography articles.
- Food Travelist. Traveling the world to find the best food destinations is the primary focus for Sue and Diana. In addition to culinary experiences, you will also find culture, attraction and transportation information throughout this wonderful food blog resource.
- Following the Rivera is the perfect resource that will have you licking your chops at the home page. Lisa shares articles that include her 13 top breakfast places in NYC as well as tips on how to plan a trip to Italy and so much more!
- Course Charted will no doubt have you falling in love with the windy city of Chicago and then some! From courtroom lawyer to saavy traveler, Alana gives you her unique perspective into the city’s attraction spots and more. These include spots like Chicago’s Christkindlmarket and the ever so beautiful riverwalk. You will find helpful and informative articles outlining some ideas to slow and saavy sustainable travel to help you make your dollars go further while exploring the world!
- PerthTravelers. Wendy takes on a journey to the outback in Australia! You will find dozens of ideas for things to do and accommodation guides throughout Western Australia and surrounding areas are included in this blog. There is an abundance of travel inspiration here!
- One Delightful Life brings a unique insight to America’s heartland in Kansas! Vanessa highlights many of the great spots to experience throughout many areas of Kansas. As well, her blog illustrates a variety of topics such as food and dining to the “do it yourself” in home garden projects plus more.
- SOS Travel will have you escaping to the Red City of Marrakech to the Blue City of Morocco. Sam brings you along a journey locally throughout the UK as well as paradise destinations such as Seychelles and Maui, Hawaii. She is just a girl who loves to travel hoping to inspire you along the way!
- Curious Donna will certainly make you jealous as she shares her local tropical paradise expertise of the very beautiful Bahamas. While Donna shares her travel discoveries, she also brings a more intimate peek into the Bahamas from a local’s perspective. Whether she is featuring a story about what it means to be a leader as an Executive Chef to sharing her new hobby of acrylic painting, you will find how welcoming this destination truly is.
- Mad Hatters NYC. Lynn and Justin share all kinds of unique adventure in New York City! This insightful blog provides a very detailed look into some of NYC most interesting spots and attractions. For example the street art invasions to the great coffee shops and eateries in the city’s most underrated neighborhoods. When visiting the big apple, you will certainly find Mad Hatters NYC Guide to be extremely helpful!
- Carpe Diem Eire. Enjoy this traveling couple who loves to journey through Ireland and Europe. Here you will find extensive articles illustrating trips from castles and culture to exploring heritage sites and hiking! Enjoy reading through the detailed local city guides and travel tips featuring Dublin and other surrounding areas!
- Little Wandering Wren takes you wandering around the beautiful destination of Thailand and beyond. Recently, with the pandemic, this blog has featured the art of ‘Staycation’. Having stayed in more than 150 hotels and accommodations throughout Thailand, Wren brings a luxurious paradise to you. Wren is also an Expat living in Thailand and shares several interesting topics on her blog.
Lifestyle travel bloggers:
- WhereGalsWander is a very special blogging website that includes a variety of lifestyle and adventurous experiences by Zanne and Julie. From family hiking through the Sequoia’s to touring charming wineries, these Gals will have you either laughing or crying and sometimes both. Zanne recently made her dream a reality and opened a new online gift and candle shop. Gift Guide Idea: these special gifts will surely get a thumb’s up from any traveler, hiker, or adventurer in your life!
- The Planking Traveler is a health fitness travel blogger who illustrates dozens of insightful lifestyle resources to you with respect to nutrition and training. Emily has visited over 38 countries and her endeavors include helping you stay healthy and active whether traveling abroad or at home. Gift Guide Idea: Give the gift of wellness!
- HH Lifestyle Travel. A UK Blog Awards finalist, Hannah offers a vast array of tips and guides that any traveler can appreciate! Hannah specializes in foodie travels and shares incredible road trips in various destinations from around the world. She is an organizer like you wouldn’t believe and has several guides on short travel such as long layover times in numerous cities. Hannah helps you make the most of your travel time.
- Adventuring Woman is exactly the description for this fun and tasty blog! If you are looking to learn about beautiful street art, interesting libraries and good homemade pies, then Cynthia has you covered. She hopes to inspire women to get out and explore in not only travel but in life as well. You will enjoy reading her adventures through Minnesota and other parts of the Midwest with a few stops in New York City and Los Angeles.
- McCool Travel is always trying to help people travel happier! You will find numerous fun and informative travel stories that take you along the U.S. Gulf Coast from Mississippi to Florida. Charles is a speaker, road tripper, and has written dozens of articles for travel and lifestyle media including Coastal Mississippi and Home of Golf. And you will occasionally find articles on a vast number of delicious southern gulf coast restaurants that will certainly tempt your taste buds!
- Explorcation definitely lives up to its name! Jamie and Skyler are on the move taking you on insightful tours to various Florida beaches and resorts! You will learn about some of their favorite hot spots for dining and drinks and provide local perspectives and tips on getting the most out of your visit or experience.
- Alan Metalman journeys up some of UK’S most beautiful peaks, Scottish Highlands and other brilliant nature spots in the area. Alan brings such an interesting approach to his video captures on every level. He is real and genuine, and makes his audience feel like you’ve been friends with him for years! He occasionally offers giveaways as well as a frequent mail call. This is where he will read a post card from one of his subscriber friends and will inform the audience of their social pages or website so they can connect with them as well. He’s also given away his very cool Metalman T-Shirts.
- Where In The World Is CL? Christine Lozada is one of the most energetic and fun Youtubers online! She has two channels; one highlighting amazing travel and adventure, the other features drone photography tips and tricks. Her channels offer a wealth of information with a twist of mishaps and lessons learned. Her scuba diving footage will blow you away!
- Of course, make sure to check out some of my own excursions of adventure at my Youtube channel!
So, as we all wind down the final days of 2021, let’s reflect on all the good things that we can be thankful for. It is hard to believe that this year has nearly come to an end. And one of the things I am thankful for is all of my travel friends I have connected with recently. This time of year is special to me, because I enjoy reflecting upon my memories of recent years and the incredible adventures and experiences I have had. I hope you find this list of travel writers and adventurers to be helpful in your quest to get out there and explore in the new year! I am sure they will inspire you just as they have inspired me!
Share with me what you are thankful for this past year! If you plan to travel or take an adventure and where; tell me in the comments!